Student Health Advantage Platinum (Plan A Platinum)
Medical insurance for students studying abroad or participants of cultural exchange programs
IMG Student Health Advantage Platinum Plan is designed for international students and scholars. There are insurance plans for Scholars and Students traveling to the US with a variety of US visa's (F1 visa, J1 visa, OPT, and M1 visa). Dependents are also eligible to purchase. The Student Health Advantage also has plans for people traveling outside the US for educational purposes. Anyone studying or teaching outside their residence country is eligible to buy. You can purchase online at any time and you may select any future date to be your insurance policy's effective date. Dependents are also eligible to purchase along with the F1, J1 or M1 visa holder. All J visa holders are required to meet the US Department of State (USDOS) J1 insurance requirements for the duration of their visa. IMG's Student Health Advantage - Platinum plan meets this requirement. Student Health Advantage includes mental health and maternity benefits, pre-existing conditions benefits up to the policy maximum after the six month waiting period, and an option to pay for your coverage monthly.
Individual Get Quote/Buy
Group Get Quote/Buy
Individual Get Quote/Buy
Group Get Quote/Buy
|Summary of Benefits
||IMG (International Medical Group)
||Designed specifically for international scholars and students (F1,F2,J1,J2,OPT). Purchase monthly increments (from 1 to 12 months), renewable up to 5 years if initial purchase is 3 months or more.
||$1,000,000 maximum per period of coverage, $500,000 per illness/injury
|Deductible (Insured pays before insurance pays)
||$25 per illness/injury In PPO, $50 per illness/injury Out of PPO
|Student Health Center Copay
||$5 copay, no deductible
|Illness or Injury Coinsurance
||No coinsurance outside of U.S.; or in PPO within U.S. Out of PPO within U.S.: 20% of the first $5,000 of eligible charges, then no coinsurance.
||Not covered - If you are pregnant before your policy is effective. No coinsurance outside of U.S. In the U.S. in PPO 20% of eligible charges. In the U.S. out of PPO 40% of eligible charges.
|Hospital Room & Board
||Average semi-private room
||URC(Usual Reasonable and Customary)
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse
||In-patient URC to $10,000, out-patient $50/day to $500
||URC for injury or illness resulting in hospitalization. Additional $250 deductible for illness without hospitalization
||In-patient URC, out-patient 50%
||Injury $500, Sudden pain $350
|Accidental Death & Loss of Limb
|Repatriation of remains
|Pre-existing conditions (Illness or Injury)
||After 6 months of continuous coverage
||5 or more primary insured have about 18% discount
||Sample Insurance Contract
|Monthly Price Chart (US Destination Only)
For a non - US Destination click for Quote
||Click to see Frequently Asked Questions
Get Quote 6 Months Pre-Existing
Group Quote 6 Months Pre-Existing
||More about Student Health Advantage
- On the Plan A effective date you need to have a valid J1/F1 visa and be outside of your home country for your study or program.
- Taian Plan A (Platinum only) covers maternity only if the pregnancy begins after the plan is effective.
- In vitro fertilization or artificial insemination is not covered.
- Emergency Room: Injury: URC; Illness resulting in hospitalization: URC; Illness without hospitalization: Subject to addtional $250 deductible
- Physical Therapy: URC -limit once per day
- Standard Plan Local Ambulance: Per injury up to $350, Per illness only if admitted in-patient up to $350
- Platinum Plan Local Ambulance: Per injury up to $750, Per illness only if admitted in-patient up to $750
- Dental: Injury due to covered accident $500; Sudden & unexpected pain $350
- Intercollegiate/Interscholastic/intramural or club sports: $5,000 per injury/illness medical expenses only
- Incidental home country coverage: up to cumulative two weeks
- Terrorism coverage: up to 50,000 lifetime maximum
- F2/J2 dependents can only purchase when the F1/J1 purchases. Maximum limit per period of coverage and per illness maximum for dependents is $100,000
- To maximize your benefits under your plan hospital stays should be precertified if planned in advance. IMG should be notified promptly for emergency hospital stays.
- Preventive care including well physical exams and vaccines are not covered. Plans covering wellness benefits typically cost $200-$300 or more per month. Ask us about inexpensive and sometimes free ways to receive these services.
- Group Plan available for groups of 5 or more unrelated individuals (non-family members). Must use one credit card to pay for the whole group. Use the credit card holder's name as the "Contact Name". Use the credit card holder's email as the group contact for the plan. "Sponsoring Organization" should reflect your common affiliation (examples: "your school name visiting scholars" or "CSC your school name Exchange").
- You can purchase up to a year and pay monthly for a 4% extra charge.
- Plan A (Platinum only) Maternity coverage has $5,000 maximum benefit. Benefit includes routine newborn care.
- If you want Student Health Advantage (Plan A) and have a destination outside the US you are eligible to purchase at a lower premium cost. Click here to Quote/Buy Plan A Standard for a non-US destination. Click here to Quote/Buy Plan A Platinum for a non-US destination.