Why Should I buy IMG insurance through TaiAn?
- International Medical Group (IMG) is a worldwide leader in the International medical insurance business, and TaiAn Financial LLC is leading producer for IMG. TaiAn's custom product offering and extended service hours enable us provide our customers industry leading, professional, prompt service and make their insurance experience as easy as possible.
Does Plan S meet US Department of State Insurance (USDOS) Requirements for J visa?
US Department of State Insurance Requirements for J visa:
- Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
- An insurance policy secured to meet the benefits requirements must be underwritten by an insurance corporation with an A.M. Best rating of "A-" or above, an Insurance Solvency International, Ltd. (ISI) rating of "A-I" or above, a Standard and Poor's Claims Paying Ability rating of "A-" or above, or a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of B+ or above
If you select a $100,000 benefit per illness or injury (or higher benefit) all the options in TaiAn Plan S meet USDOS requirements. The insurer rating by A.M. Best is "A", and also meets the requirements.
Who is eligible to buy Plan S and what do I need to know before purchase?
TaiAn Plan S is designed specifically for international scholars, students and their dependents (F1,F2,J1,J2,OPT).
- F1 College Student: You need to confirm TaiAn Plan S meets your school F1 insurance waiver requirements.
- J1 Visiting Scholar: J1 scholar's insurance needs to meet USDOS standard and school standard. Since Plan S meets the USDOS standard, you only need to confirm Plan S also meets your school J1 insurance requirements.
- OPT student: You can buy Plan S with any options.
- F1/J1 high school student or ESL student: You can buy after confirming school requirements.
- F2/J2 visa holder: You can buy with your F1/J1. If the J2/F2 dependents come to the US later, they can purchase Plan S alone for different dates.
How do I make sure Plan S meets my school requirement?
- Find your school insurance requirements and most affordable plan >>
- Find your school in the first column on the chart, click on the corresponding fourth column that will show you what insurance plan meets your school requirements
- You can also send email with your school requirements to TaiAn at email@example.com, TaiAn will help you to figure it out.
How do I buy Plan S and how long will it take to receive the fulfillment?
Buy Plan S online and receive the fulfillment instantly. Purchase steps are as follows:
- Plan S (TaiAn Exchange Select) Link
- Read Plan S benefits chart and brochure
- Choose to Buy Plan S TaiAn Exchange Select
- According to your school requirements and your own needs, select a deductible and benefit maximum.
- Payment is on the last page of application. You can use a credit card or a debit card which has a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express logo to pay. Billing Address is the address you used when you applied for your credit card. IMG will not bill to your billing address.
- After you submit an application online successfully, you will receive an Email from IMG in a few minutes (If you do not receive it, please check your spam), which contains your insurance card and your confirmation letter (Visa Letter). You can send the confirmation letter to your school to prove that you have qualified medical insurance.
How do I buy Group Plan S to get 10% off?
TaiAn Exchange Select Group plan is available for groups of 5 or more primary applicants (F1/J1).
- Plan S (TaiAn Exchange Select) Link
- After reading Plan S benefits chart and brochure, click on Buy Group S (10% off) For 5 primary insured or more
- The total length of group duration cannot be more than a year, you can renew before the plan is expired if you are still eligible. The primary applicants in the group may have different insurance dates. No one can have an expiration date beyond one year from the group start date until the group renews for a second year.
- According to your school requirements and your group needs, select a deductible and benefit maximum.
- Payment is on the last page of application. You have to use one credit card (or debit card which has a Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo) to pay for the whole group. Billing Address is the address you used when you applied for your credit card. IMG will not bill to your billing address. Use the credit card holder's name as the "Contact Name". Use the credit card holder's email as the group contact for the plan. "Sponsoring Organization" should reflect your common affiliation (examples: "your school name visiting scholars" or "CSC your school name Exchange").
What is the difference between the two Plan Ss with different deductibles, how do I choose?
- The two Plan Ss with different deductibles don't have anything different except for the deductible. Deductible is the medical expense that the insured pays before insurance pays. These two deductibles are: 1) $100 per illness or injury deductible, which means the insured pays $100 for each illness or injury before insurance pays. Sometimes an illness or injury needs to see a doctor more than once. As long as it is the same illness or injury, you only need to pay one deductible of $100. 2) Annual deductible $250 or $500: This deductible covers a policy period (not in excess of one year). The insurance pays 80% of covered charges after the insured pays an accumulated $250 or $500 in a policy period, no matter how many times the insured gets sick or injured. If an insured is likely to get multiple illnesses in a policy period, an annual deductible is a better choice. All the deductible options in Plan S meets USDOS standard. You need to check your school requirement on deductible when you make decision.
How do I make the payment? What do I do if the payment gets declined?
You will have an instant quote online and can pay with your credit card or debit card which has a Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo
Some common reasons for a declined payment are:
- Your credit limit
- Some banks need to be notified in advance when you make a credit card charge outside your home country. You may need to call the number on the back of your card to tell them this is a genuine charge.
- Inaccurate billing address. When IMG asks for billing address, you need to fill in the address that your credit card bill is sent. This will not impact where your insurance material are sent, but is needed to verify your card.
- On the payment page, the electronic signature should be the same as the name on the credit card.
If your card is declined you can submit a new on line application after fixing the problem.
How do I renew?
- If you have an individual policy, you will receive a few renewal Email notices. The notices have the same renew link. Click the renew link, enter your information, and pay with a credit card. You can finish the renewal online easily. You can change your phone number, Email address, mailing address and credit card during your renewal. If you have a group policy, you will receive a renew notice before the policy expires. The notice will tell you how to write an Email to IMG to renew.
How do I get medical treatment when I get sick?
- Plan S customers can go to any provider, but will receive the best benefits by using an in-PPO provider. Also, not every hospital provides direct billing service. Medical providers decide whether to provide direct billing or not, the decision is not made by the insurance company. Different providers, or the same provider for different illness /injury, can make different decisions.
When you get sick you can try first going to your Student Health Center where you will only pay a $5 copay. If you need urgent care and the student health center won't meet your needs, an Urgent Care center might. They usually have evening and weekend hours and no appointment is necessary. If you need to go to a doctor in the United States, you need an appointment. You can choose any medical provider you want, but will receive the best benefits using a network provider. (For people who purchased before June 5, 2019) You can search First Health Network to find a medical provider. (For people who purchased on or after June 5, 2019) You can search UnitedHealthcare Network to find a medical provider.
When you see a doctor, carry your insurance card and personal ID (to verify your identity). In the United States if you do not have an appointment and go directly to the hospital, you go to the Emergency Room. If you go to the Emergency room and are not admitted to the hospital you have to pay a $250 additional deductible. In a real emergency situation (that is life-threatening or disabling), go to the nearest Emergency Room.
Do I need to pre-certify before going to see a doctor?
- You must call IMG to pre-certify any of the following conditions: any treatment requiring hospitalization; out-patient surgery, CAT scans, MRI's; within 48 hours after an emergency admission to the hospital; care in an extended care facility; home nursing care; Durable medical equipment including artificial limbs; or transplant. You don't need to pre-certify if your illness or injury is not serious and can be treated in a doctor's office. See details at Pre-certification
How do I submit a claim?
- There are two ways to file a claim in the IMG system. One is that the medical provider directly bills IMG, the other is that the medical provider sends the bill to you and you submit the bill and your completed claims form to IMG. For both situations you always need to submit a claim form to IMG. You can create a MyIMG account after submitting the claim form, and then you can check whether IMG has received the medical provider bills and the claim status. You also can call IMG about your claims questions (1-800-628-4664 or 317-655-4500). Please have your insurance ID card ready when you call. If you prefer to speak to IMG in a language other than English, you can ask for foreign language assistance, and tell them your preferred language.
What is the coinsurance?
There is 20% coinsurance for TaiAn Plan S in PPO or out of PPO. After you pay your deductible, you pay 20% of covered charges and the insurance pays 80% of covered charges.
How much can I get reimbursed for prescription medicine?
If the illness or injury is covered, the prescription medicine will be covered (subject to deductible) at 100% of usual charges until the per illness or injury maximum that you bought is met. When you need to fill a prescription you go to the pharmacy with the prescription you received from the doctor. Make sure to bring the Universal URX Discount Card with you. You will have to pay for your prescription at the pharmacy but may receive a 10% to 50% discount with the card. You can then submit your receipts and a claim form to IMG for reimbursement.
Does the plan cover child physical exams and vaccines?
- No, it doesn't. In the U.S., insurance that covers child physical exams and vaccines normally cost more than $200-$300 per month. Contact us for ways to get inexpensive, and sometimes free, vaccines or immunizations, as well as child physical exams.
Does the plan cover dental and vision?
- For dental the plan covers injuries up to $500, and treatment for sudden pain up to $350. For vision the plan covers illness (like an eye infection) or injuries. Routine dental cleanings or vision exams and glasses are not covered. If you are looking for coverage for routine dental or vision exams, or if you already know you need dental work or glasses you should consider supplementing the medical plan with a Careington Dental and Vision Discount Plan. This plan provides discounts on dental and vision treatments, and there are no waiting periods before you can get a discount. You can buy today and get a discount on your dental cleaning, periodontics, major dental procedures, vision exams, or glasses as soon as you receive your membership kit. You can pay monthly and cancel anytime. You can search the network for providers around you and learn more about the discount details before purchase. For more information and to purchase click on: Careington Dental/Vision Discount Plan